Employment Opportunities at The Art Garage!
###### **The Art Garage Mission:**
The Art Garage offers arts-based programs that inspire, empower and promote creative self-expression by people of all ages and backgrounds. On-site studio workshops and exhibitions engage the greater Denver community and outreach is provided to those who are under-served, at-risk, and for people with disabilities to ensure the artistic process is fully accessible and inclusive for all.
The Art Garage strongly encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds. At The Art Garage, we believe that all people (including but not limited to) every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, physical and intellectual ability, mental health background, religion, and culture should have access to visual arts. We want to encourage students to find their creative spark and give them the space, time, tools and the inspiration they need to nurture it.
The Art Garage supports creative individuality and fosters continuous learning about ourselves and others. With a commitment to equity and diversity, we strive to ensure accessibility to the arts and to amplify voices that have been systematically excluded. We work to enrich our community through the process of providing a brave space for individuals to be their full creative selves.
###### **Open Positions:**
1. Guest Artists and Speakers
###### **Not Currently Hiring but Always Accepting Applications:**
1. Visual Art Instructor/Facilitator (part-time)
2. Visual Art Party Instructor (part-time)
3. Part-time Studio Assistant
All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, regardless of meeting all listed requirements.
###### **Guest Artists and Speakers:**
The Art Garage seeks local artists and experts in many fields. If you have a passion for the arts, a unique perspective to offer our students or if you would like more information about becoming a guest artist or speaker please reach out to The Art Garage:
6100 E 23rd Ave.
Denver, CO 80207
###### **Visual Art Instructors, Facilitators and Visual Art Party Instructors:**
Starting pay $30.00-$32.50 / hour
**Position Purpose:** The Art Garage Instructors role is to facilitate a group of students through hands-on exploration of the visual arts using a variety of techniques and materials while meeting each student where they are at and guiding them through personal learning and growth.
**The Art Garage is seeking talented, energetic artists or art educators that have:**
* Passion for art and community work
* Experience with children
* Positive energy
* Ability to be flexible
* Ability to collaborate with others
* Experience with fine arts, art education, art therapy, special education, early childhood education and/or adult education.
* Maintain a high level of professionalism
Instructors may have a background in art education, self-taught artists, ECE teachers, professional practicing artists, an artistic or therapeutic profession. Instructors work in one or a variety of instructor/facilitators roles at The Art Garage. Below are more details about different roles. Instructors may be facilitators in more than one role.
**Party Art Instructor:**
In this position you work directly with the children and family to offer high-energy, fast-paced, exciting and creative art parties. Families work together with the Administrative Assistant on choosing an art theme and materials. Teachers and Studio Assistant will greet the host family, guest of honor and the guests as they come in. Teachers are responsible for developing a 1.5 hr project/lesson plan, providing classroom management and engaging participants. Teachers should be comfortable with leading a game, story-time, song or dance to keep students engaged during any spare time during the party. In this position you are not only working as an art teacher, but also as a party host and entertainer to give the families a stress free, fun and safe party for their child.
**Visual Art Instructor and Facilitators:**
* Adult Classes: Art classes held during daytime or evening for students 18+ in a variety of art media. Instructors can propose ideas for adult day workshops or workshop series.
* School Day Out Classes (SDO) are typically three hours for kids ages 3-5, 6-8 and 9-12. (SDOs) are based around the local school year calendar. A theme is given to work with, and the teacher will develop the curriculum/lesson plan around the theme. The Art Garage is specifically looking for people available over Thanksgiving, winter and spring break. We ask that Instructors commit to working at least one holiday week. We are not open on the actual holiday, but we are open the days before and after. Instructors collaborate with studio assistants in the classroom.
* Weeklong Summer Classes are typically three hours/day for kids ages 3-5, 6-8, 9-12 and teens; Instructors develop the theme, class description and lesson plans which will be reviewed with the Co-Executive Directors. The 2022 summer classes have been finalized and so predetermined themes will be given to new hires or new teachers.
* After School Classes Instructors can submit their ideas for after school classes which are held for a variety of ages during after school hours. These classes are usually in a series for a month+ and held once a week.
* The Art Garage Community Engagement Program works with partnered schools during school hours or after school and invites groups from various organizations to participate in 6 weeks (or ongoing) art classes. This is not an Art Therapy program and we do not provide Art Therapy supervision. However, we do believe in the healing power of art and are looking for teachers who can bring a therapeutic approach to this program. This includes a non-judgmental attitude, the ability to create a safe and non-threatening environment, experience with diverse populations, and an understanding of the creative process and its therapeutic nature.
###### **Studio Assistant Position:**
Starting at $17.29/ hour based on experience
**Position Purpose:** The Art Garage Studio Assistants are responsible for many different aspects of The Art Garage’s success including but not limited to the following: anticipatory needs of students and teachers, proficiency of studio function and aid in administrative duties.
**Position Description:** assist teachers in the classroom, as well as ensure general studio maintenance. Studio assistant’s work includes; assist prepping materials at the beginning of classes, preparing snacks for students, assist teachers in classroom clean up, assist students in classes, office work, answering phones, lead students in games, or provide story time to students while on break, cleaning and organizing art supplies and overall garage including restrooms, sinks, mopping, etc.
Studio Assistants must be willing to work as a team, follow directions, work with customers and be positive role models for our students. We are looking for people with an interest in the arts, non-profit management or education. Completion of higher education or specialized programs are a plus. This is a part time position that is year round. Seasonal full time positions are available for the summer months. Pay varies based on experience. We are looking for studio assistants that:
* genuine enjoyment for and enthusiasm about working with children
* positive work ethic
* excellent organization and communication skills
* have an understanding of art mediums and use of materials.
* previous work experience with children
* have the ability to be flexible
* have the ability to collaborate with others
* maintain a high level of professionalism
* doesn’t mind cleaning, heavy lifting and organizing
###### [Apply Here for Studio Assistant and Instructor/Facilitator Positions!](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oz3d3xDtcslK62GJ3Ftie6ARdYqgxFfViqjhiFqBb1M)